Monday, February 18, 2013

Xming replacement/alternative: VcXsrv

Lately I discovered that some software I used to run X applications on Windoze converted from open-source to quasi non-open-source software. It's about Xming whose latest free version is almost 6 years old. More to this they state on their commercial website (you'll find it, I won't make them too much publicity) that you need a "donor password" in order to download the latest versions of Xming. Ok, I understand, but fuck you too!

Luckily some people started a new project called VcXsrv which seems to be a good alternative to Xming.

So far it hasn't failed on me, so I think is a good enough free X server to be used on Windoze platforms.

2 comments:

lynex-on-wanduze-fan-1337-XD-X3-rawr~ said...

hi i search guggle for "xming donor passwd" cuz free xming cant into gpu acceleration but VcXserv can gpu acceleratin! (but there iz leg but thts ok, it still btr then fre xmang) It really does seem like a fork of xmung but thats fine it werks!!! I especiyl leik how it seperites ech pregrm preprly instd ov gruping all x progms tgther!11

thx and huav a nis daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy

lynex-on-wanduze-fan-1337-XD-X3-rawr~ said...

owowow I forget to say thx 4 post! Also I dunt use guggle I use duckduckgo. say thx to da duck for hlpin me find uuuuuuuuuuU!